INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE FOR FULL-TIME MBA
The two-year Full-time MBA program is designed for students that have at least two years of working experience. This program fosters participant’s managerial skills and prepares them to think and lead globally through its international focus, its wide executive network, and its emphasis on general management and social responsibility.
Each year, IPADE offers 4 to 5 study trip destinations. Participants then select the option that best fits their needs and interests.
- 3-4 academic sessions
- 10-12 company visits
- 2-4 cultural visits
- 2016 study trip destinations:
- China: Beijing, Shanghai, and Suzhou
- Vietnam and Singapore: Ho Chi Minh City and Singapore
Natural Resources Defense Council, Lenovo, Gruma, Volkswagen, Caterpillar, Stanley Black and Decker, Philips Healthcare, Baosteel, and Jun He Law, among others.
Vietnam and Singapore:
DP World, HSBC Bank, Thanh Cong Textiles, OLAM Vietnam, Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts, Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Oshkosh Corporation, IBM, and General Electric, among others.
DOING BUSINESS IN MEXICO
The Doing Business in Mexico seminar is a weeklong Program in which participants have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from Mexico and other visiting countries while learning about Mexico as an emerging market.
International Week gives international MBA students the opportunity to:
- Learn about emerging markets, the role that they play in the current globalized world, and their impact on the global economy.
- Interact with other international and Mexican MBA students.
- Explore Mexico as an emerging market.
- Experience Mexican culture.
Why a week in Mexico?
- Mexico is a leader among emerging markets in Latin America with more than 35 multilateral trade operations.
- Mexico has numerous Free Trade Agreements with countries around the world, and has signed trade and investment agreements with 52 nations spread over three continents.
- Mexico is a hub for Latin America, with one of the fastest growing GDPs over the past 6 years.
- Mexico offers the opportunity to experience Mexico City and the contrast between the pre-Hispanic, colonial, and modern cultures.
- Mexico, along with countries like China and India, is an example of an emerging market. Generally, these countries have rapidly growing populations experiencing a substantial increase in living standards and income, rapid economic growth, and a relatively stable currency. IPADE faculty have the opportunity to analyze and explore business and development opportunities within this context.
- Five business/academic sessions: IPADE professors present three introductory conferences on the economic, political, and social environments in Mexico. To complement these sessions, professors deliver two live case studies focused on leading enterprises in Mexico.
- Four to five conferences given by invited businesspeople: Invited businesspeople from companies across various sectors will visit IPADE to share their experiences.
- Three visits to leading companies in Mexico: The Program includes visits to successful companies for students to familiarize themselves with the daily operations of enterprises in Mexico.
- Assigned team projects: Students participate in an assigned project to enable them to establish a more meaningful relationship with Mexico as a country, and its culture.
- Intercultural and social activities:
- Guided tour of the Teotihuacan archaeological site and pyramids
- Guided tour of the National Museum of Anthropology and History
- Guided tour of the Historic Center of Mexico City
2015 Participating Schools
- George Washington University School of Business
- Goizueta Business School
- Guanghua School of Management
- IESA Business School
- IPADE Business School
- Jones Graduate School of Business
- Kellogg School of Management
- MIP Politecnico of Milan
- NUCB Graduate School
- RMIT Vietnam
- Solvay Ponts Business School
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- UNIS Business School
- Universidad Panamericana
- Warwick Business School
- Economic Environment
- Social and Political Environment
- Business Culture
- 1 to 2 case studies presented by IPADE professors
- 4 to 5 guest speakers
2 to 3
- 1 to 2 case presented by an IPADE professor
- 4 to 5 guest speakers
Assigned Team Projects
- Lessons learned
FULL-TIME MBA PARTNERS
IPADE partners with 58 different business schools and universities in 23 countries. Students from these institutions participate in various different Full-time MBA Programs and activities, including exchange programs, one-week seminars, cases competitions, study trips, etc.
- Central Europe University, Hungary
- Cranfield School of Management, United Kingdom
- David Eccles Business School, France
- EDHEC Business School, France
- International Administration School ENPC, France
- Essec France, France
- European Business School, Germany
- GISMA Business School, Germany
- HEC MBA Program, France
- IESE Business School, Spain
- London Business School, United Kingdom
- Luiss Business School, United Kingdom
- Business School of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Politecnico di Milano MIP – Business School, Italy
- Private Universität Whitten / Herdecke, Germany
- Rotterdam Business School, Netherlands
- St. Gallen University, Switzerland
- Tallinn Technology University, Tallinn
- ESLSCA Business School, France
- UCD Michael Smurfit Business School, Ireland
- Universitá Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Italy
- University of Edinburgh Business School, United Kingdom
- Business School, Mannheim University, Germany
- Zagreb School of Economics and Management (ZSEM), Croatia
- Warwick Business School, United Kingdom
- A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, USA.
- Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, USA.
- Endicott Collegue, USA.
- Goizueta Business School, Emory University, USA.
- Kellog School of Management, USA.
- Marshall School of Business, USA.
- Mays Business School, Texas A&M, USA.
- Michael G. Foster School of Business, USA.
- Owen Graduate School, Vanderbilt University, USA.
- Queen’s University, Canada
- Rice University, Jones School MBA, USA.
- Rollins College, Crummer Graduate School of Business, USA.
- Rotman School of Business, Canada
- Schulich School of Business, Canada
- Simon Graduate School of Business, University of Rochester, USA.
- SMU COX School of Business, USA.
- The George Washington University School of Business, USA.
- Tuck School of Business en Dartmouth, USA.
- Kenan-Flagler School of Business UNC, USA.
- Université Laval, Canada
- University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business, USA.
- Asian Business Institute, Philippines
- CEIB, China Europe International Business School, China
- Technologic Management Institute, India
- La Trobe International, Australia
- Nagoya Commerce and Business University, Japan
- School of Business, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- Yonsei University Business School, South Korea
- FIA – Foundation Business Institute, Brazil
- IAE Business School, Argentina
- IESA Business School, Venezuela
- COPPEAD Management Institute/ UFRJ, Brazil
- PAD, Management School, Peru
- Chile Pontifical Catholic University, Chile
- University of Chile, Business School, Chile
- Diego Portales University, Chile