This department focuses on perfecting participants’ mental structure so they are capable of accurately analyzing and diagnosing the situations companies experience. It also provides adequate methodology in order to manage the uncertainty a director faces when making decisions.
Javier Duarte Schlageter
Director and Professor at the Decision Analysis Department
Professor at the Financial Management Department
Master’s degree in Government and Culture of the Organizations, Universidad del Istmo, Guatemala, 2016.
- Executive MBA, IPADE Business School.
- Executive MBA, Tayasal Escuela de Negocios, Guatemala.
- BS in Applied Mathematics, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala (USAC).
- Colloquium on Participant-Centered Learning, Harvard Business School, 2007.
- Business advisor.
- Member of several Boards of Directors in Guatemala and El Salvador.
- Professor at the Control, Finance, Organizational Behavior and Family Businesses
- Departments, Tayasal Escuela de Negocios, Guatemala.
- Guest Professor at IDE, Escuela de Dirección de Empresas, Ecuador.
- Guest Professor in the Finance Division at the Instituto de Estudios Empresariales de Montevideo, IEEM, Uruguay.
- Professor, Finance and Philosophy and Organizations at Tayasal Escuela de Negocios, Guatemala.
- Professor of Finance, Business Administration Department, Universidad del Istmo, Guatemala.
- Finanzas operativas: un coloquio. Co-author whit Lorenzo Fernández, México, Universidad Panamericana, 2005.
- Project evaluation of investment
- Business appraisal
- Treasury management
- Finance transaction
Alberto Ibarra Garza
Decision Analysis Professor
- MBA, Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresa (IPADE Business School).
- Public Accountant, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (UANL).
- International Faculty Program, IESE.
- Correct Decision Making Program, IESE.
- Academic exchange period, Western Illinois University.
- Responsible research conduct, Northwestern University.
- Project Management Certification, Deloitte.
- Strategy and operations Consultant.
- Academic Director of FT MBA.
- Strategy and Operations Consulting, Deloitte.
- Financial Auditing, KPMG.
- Internal Auditing, Villacero.
- Consulting projects with companies from the following industries: cargo transportation (Aeromexpress Cargo & Grupo Transportes Huerta), variable printing (Total Systems de México), cement (CEMEX), financial services (CEMEX Capital), steel (Villacero), oil & gas (PEMEX), construction (Urbi), professional services (Deloitte), diversified groups (Grupo Tampico & Grupo Gigante) & technology (Google).
- Collaboration in academic projects for AT&T, Disney ABC Television Group, Wayra, Datos y Cifras del Norte & Incubadora de Negocios de San Pedro.
- Guest Professor at Universidad del Istmo Business School in Guatemala.
- Decision Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Shared Services
Miguel Ochoa Torres
- MD in Statistics, Centro de Estudios Económicos y Demográficos, El Colegio de México (COLMEX).
- Executive Officers Management Program, Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresa (IPADE Business School).
- BS in Actuary, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer of several corporations within the IT business.
- Advisor and Member of the Board for several family businesses in Mexico City.
- Advisor to various self financing corporations in the car business, agricultural machinery dealers and consumption products distributors.
- Member of the Board of Directors of a number of corporations.
- Guest to the colloquium “Teaching and the Case Method,” along a group of 80 professors from the best business schools in the world, organized to celebrate the 75º anniversary of the Harvard Business School foundation. Presented a case latterly incorporated to the book Teaching and the Case Method, by Professor Roland Christensen.
- Guest professor to teach the program “Doing Business in Mexico”, at the Richard Ivey School of Business, Canada.
- Visiting researcher to collaborate with Professor Sherwood C. Frey, Harvard Business School, 1978-1979.
- Member of the International Faculty of the program “Achieving Breakthrough Service” jointly organized by business schools like Harvard, IAE, IESE, IPADE and Ivey in Boston, Toronto, Miami and Mexico, since 1994.
- Member of the International Faculty of the program “Value Chain Management”, carried on by Harvard Business School and IPADE, 2003 and 2004.
- Director, promoter and professor of the course “The art of negotiating”, along with professor Sherwood C. Frey, from Darden School of Business.
- El fracaso del éxito. Brainware, 2010.
- g 2 , Ganas-gano. El maravilloso juego de la negociación prudencial. Brainware, 2009.
- RION GEO y Valores, tres instrumentos para generar valor. Brainware, 1998.
- Futuro: ¿adivinarlo?… ¿o forjárnoslo? International Thomson Editores, 1994.
- Asignación de recursos. Limusa, 1979.
- Negotiation strategies
- Mathematical models for decision making
- Risk analysis and prevention
- Analytical thought focused on action